PRO-JECT XTENSION 10 EVOLUTION HIGH-END TURNTABLE WITH 10“ TONEARM
- Reviews (0)
The Xtension 10 chassis is made from MDF filled with metal sand, that gives high mass and is non-resonant. Magnetic feet, which decouple the main plinth from its base, are combined with a weighty 22 kg total turntable mass. With these two magnets located in the feet, the turntable is practically floating. The result is a unique combination of ‘mass loaded’ and ‘floating turntable’ design principles. Instead of the old standard adoption of pure metal used for the main platter, we’ve found a perfect alloy which we damped on the inner side with Sorbothane®. Additionally we’ve glued recycled Vinyl records to the top (which act as a perfect mat) and bake this ‘sandwich’ before precision balancing it. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter, that runs ultrasilently on an inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic suspension. The Pro-Ject 10” Evolution with its tonearm base also benefits from ‘high-mass’ technologies, and is isolated from the main board by a sheet of Sorbothane®. To use this tonearm with a wide range of top quality phono cartridges, from 4 to 14 Grams it comes with a set of 4 different Sorbothane®- damped counterweights.
Pro-Ject Audio Systems offers their high-end turntables with premium 5pin > RCA unbalanced arm cable or – by request – with premium balanced 5pin > XLR connection to Pro-Ject Phono Box RS preamplifier. Phono Box RS offers balanced phono inputs, what guarantees superior results in high-end vinyl reproduction with a balanced signal source.
- Super-heavy 22 kg belt drive turntable
- Mass loaded magnetic floating subchassis
- Precision balanced sandwich-platter
- Inverted ceramic ball bearing with magnetic support
- Heavy weight record clamp
- Extremely low level of natural resonance
- Perfect decoupling through magnetic feet
- Electronic speed control 33/45/78 Upm
- Tonearm 10cc Evolution made from carbon fibre
- Inverted tonearm bearings (ABEC 7 quality)
- Dust cover included