KLIPSCH KLIPSCHORN AK6 FLOORSTANDING SPEAKERS- HERITAGE CLASSIC
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Audio pioneer and company founder Paul W. Klipsch launched the Klipschorn loudspeaker in 1946 to enable people, for the first time ever, to experience the power, detail, and emotion of a live performance at home. Commonly called a corner-horn speaker, the remarkably uncommon Klipschorn includes a highly efficient horn-loaded tweeter and midrange compression driver. It’s patented folded-horn 15″ woofer delivers powerful low frequencies.
- Highly efficient: 105 dB 1W / 1M
- Fully horn-loaded, full range, three-way system with a patented folded-horn 15″ woofer delivers powerful low frequencies
- 2″ midrange and 1″ tweeter compression drivers
- Capable of extreme output levels with ultra low distortion and astonishing dynamic range
- Available in a high-quality Walnut, Cherry, or Black Ash wood veneer finish
- Made in USA
KEEPERS OF THE SOUND: BUTCH WALKER
The Keepers of the Sound Series showcases pioneering artists who are authentic, uncompromising on quality, and always remain true to their core values. They work to create powerful, emotional experiences for their fans, and Klipsch strives to recreate the same experiences through our speakers and headphones.
AN AMERICAN ORIGINAL
Audio pioneer and company founder Paul W. Klipsch launched the Klipschorn loudspeaker in 1946 to enable people, for the first time ever, to experience the power, detail and emotion of a live performance at home.
HANDCRAFTED IN HOPE, AR
As the only speaker in the world to be in continuous production for over 65 years, the Klipschorn has remained relatively unchanged since its inception.
We still make them by hand just the way Paul W. Klipsch used to.
IT STILL ROCKS
In 2005, the company made some minor cosmetic and functional revisions to this legendary speaker, including the elimination of the inset collar, or spacer, between the upper and lower cabinets for a cleaner aesthetic appearance. A horizontal wall seal was added to improve the low frequency horn’s response accuracy.
Available in a cherry, walnut or black ash wood veneer finish, the Klipschorn reflects a level of high-quality workmanship that will never go out of style.
Klipsch Heritage Series speakers are built to order, handmade in the US at our Hope, Arkansas manufacturing facility. Choose “standard shipping” and allow up to 8 weeks turnaround time.
THE GREAT AMERICAN SPEAKER COMPANY
Our founder, Paul W. Klipsch, was an engineer, inventor, madman and certified genius. He spent his life trying to bring the world better sound. Since 1946, we have carried on our founder’s passion for delivering the best home audio experience possible.
You’re not buying a speaker – you’re buying a piece of American audio history built on more than 70 years of badass acoustic technology.
• FREQUENCY RESPONSE: (+/- 4 dB) 33Hz – 20kHz
• SENSITIVITY: 105dB @ 2.83V / 1m
• POWER HANDLING (CONT/PEAK): 100W/400W
• MAXIMUM SPL: 121dB Continuous
• NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms Compatible
• CROSSOVER FREQUENCY HF: 4500Hz, MF: 450Hz
• HIGH-FREQUENCY DRIVER: K-771 1″ (2.54cm) light-weight Polyimide
diaphragm compression driver mated to a 90 x 40 Tractrix horn
• MIDRANGE: K-55-X 2″ (5.08cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver
• LOW-FREQUENCY DRIVER: K-33-E 15″ (38.1cm) Fiber-composite cone
woofer with a trihedral exponential folded horn
• ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: Birch Plywood and MDF
• INPUTS: Dual binding posts / bi-wire / bi-amp
• HEIGHT: 134.62 cm
• WIDTH: 79.38cm
• DEPTH: 71.75cm
• WEIGHT: 100kg
Klipsch Authorised Dealer - Best Service & Pricing in South Africa
American Walnut, Black Ash, Distressed Oak, Natural Cherrry, Satin Black, Walnut